This guide illustrates how to move files between environments using the Reclaim Cloud GUI. Moving files between Reclaim Cloud environments in your account is done using the Export tool, and you can find this option if you click on the configuration wrench of the node within the environment you want to move.
Below is a video tutorial documenting the process followed by step-by-step directions. Further reading can be found at the end of the article.
- Find the config wrench on the Application Servers source node.
Config of Node from which files will be exported
- Go to the folder you want to Export files from. In this case
/var/lib/ghost/content/. Click the cogwheel of the content folder as shown on the image below and choose Export.
Export Directory Contents
- Make sure to choose the correct target container where your target Application Server is located.
Select proper target environment in Reclaim Cloud to export content
- Next, use the path
/var/lib/ghost/content-sourceto create and mount this folder on the source environment's Application Server.
- Click the config wrench on the target environment’s Application Server.
- To the left, click the cogwheel and click Copy Path, which will copy the full path location to your clipboard.
- Click on the terminal icon to engage the Web SSH terminal.
- In the terminal you should write
cdthen paste previously copied path
/var/lib/ghost/content-sourceand then hit enter. After that you should see the folder
ls -las shown in the example image below:
- Now you should be able to copy files anywhere within the new environment node. Using the
--verboseflags gives you this output.
cp --verboseto copy files between source and destination folders
- You can confirm that the files been copied by browsing to that folder in the GUI.
Zip files copied cleanly between folders
- Unmount the exported directory on the target application server as shown below.
Unmount networked directory from target environment
- Understanding File Systems: Reclaim Cloud vs cPanel
- Reclaim Cloud Glossary
- Using the SSH Gate in Reclaim Cloud
- Running Ghost on Reclaim Cloud