With this feature enabled, when you log in to Reclaim Cloud you’ll need your username and password as well as a code randomly generated in the authenticator application on your phone.
You will need the Google Authenticator app on your phone or other device in order to have two-factor authentication on Reclaim Cloud.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
In the window at the bottom of the page, under the Account tab click Set Up Two-Factor Authentication .
Confirm your password in the popup window.
- Next, you need to connect your Cloud account with the Google Authenticator application. Open the app on your device and add the account by either scanning the QR code or manually typing the provided key.
You’ll then see the six-digit code on your device (automatically refreshed every 30 seconds). Type it into the popup window and click Next to verify.
- After connecting, you’ll see the recovery codes, which can each be used once as an alternative to the generated authentication codes.
Note: Ensure you take note of these recovery codes. Otherwise, in case your phone/device isn’t available, you won’t be able to connect to your account.
You need to tick the I’ve saved the data checkbox (automatically checked after using the Download or Copy buttons) to close this window by clicking Done .
- Now, to login to your account, you’ll need to provide the login/password credentials and enter a code from the authentication application on your device (or a recovery code).
That’s it! Your account is now protected with two-factor authentication.
Manage Recovery Codes
On the accounts with 2FA already enabled, it is possible to view/regenerate recovery codes one logged into the account:
- Go to the Settings > Account section and click the View Recovery Codes button.
Confirm the password for your account to continue.
- Here, you can see your current recovery codes and, if necessary, Download / Copy them.
If you run out of the recovery codes (remember, each one can only be used once) or if you consider them compromised, click the link at the bottom of the window to generate new ones.
- In the appeared pop-up, confirm the operation and, in a moment, you’ll get new codes.
Don’t forget to save the displayed recovery codes with the Download / Copy
buttons, as the old ones won’t work anymore.
Disable Two-Factor Authentication
Navigate to the Settings > Account section and click the Disable Two-Factor Authentication button.
Confirm your decision through the pop-up window and provide a password in the next one.
That’s it! Your account is now accessible with just the login/password credentials.