At first glance, no two support tickets look the same, which means that the process for finding a fix always looks different as well. That, mixed with a combination of vague errors or a broken dashboard can quickly feel overwhelming.
So when you’re faced with a site/page error you’ve never seen before and aren’t sure where to turn, use the following checklist:
- Make sure the user’s IP isn’t blocked at the server level.
- Rule out the probability of a DNS resolution, Browser cache, or Network Cache Issue.
- Use the Error Log to eliminate the possibility of a theme and/or plugin conflict.
- Fix Permissions on the cPanel account.
- Check .htaccess files & Apache error log.
^In almost all cases, the fix can be found by starting with one of the above.
If, however, you’ve made it through the list and you’re still unsure, you can always escalate the ticket to Reclaim’s support team with the following information:
- Contact information for the user in question
- first + last name, email address, domain name, user’s IP address
- Screenshot of the error
- What the user did to receive the error
- When the issue first occurred
- The steps you took to provide a fix
From there, the Reclaim Support team will take a look and help you troubleshoot.