If you would like others to be able to work within your cloud account, you can do so by adding a collaborator to the entire account or to a single environment.
If you’re looking for more info on collaboration management, check out this guide from Virtuozzo.
The primary account is the main billing account. The primary account owner can manage the list of all other collaboration users, specify their privileges for performing certain activities and decide on the access within the collaboration environments. All of the charges for using shared environments are applied to this account.
A collaboration user can work with shared environments of the primary billing account, deploy applications, change configurations, read log files, view statistics, and so on. The only exceptions are that this user cannot clone and migrate environments.
To add collaborators to the account:
Select the Settings button in the right top corner of the Reclaim Cloud dashboard.
You will see the Account Settings tab opened at the bottom of the page. Expand the Collaboration item to see two additional sections:
- Shared by Me
- Shared with Me
Navigate to Shared by Me. Here you can invite users to join your collaboration, edit their permissions, or remove them.
Send Collaboration Invite
Go to the account Shared by Me section on the primary account (the one where environments are actually hosted).
1. If you haven’t before, create at least one Role at the appropriate tab.
Provide the following information within the Add Role dialog:
- Name - type any desired name for a role.
- Description - provide custom description (optional).
- Policies - select actions allowed for a role; use search to quickly locate required actions and filter to review only selected ones.
Receive Load Alerts Notifications - enable to allow collaboration members with this role to receive load alert notifications about shared items.
2. On the Members tab, click the Invite button.
Fill in the fields of the opened Invite Member dialog:
- Email - type in the address of the user you want to invite.
- Display Name - provide a custom name for the invited user (optional).
Shared Items - select separate items and categories (environments and groups) that you want to share with the member.
3. The invited member will appear in the list in the pending acceptance state.
Now, you have to wait for the member to accept the invitation. Any change to the invitation will be displayed at the Members tab. Also, you’ll get the appropriate email notification about the user’s decision.
4. If needed, you can select a collaboration member to change their settings:
- Edit - to change shared components and permissions at any time.
- Copy - to share the same permissions with another user.
- Suspend / Activate - to temporarily stop / restore sharing.
- Remove - to terminate sharing and delete info about shared components and permissions.
Accept Collaboration Invite
Wait for the primary account to send a collaboration invite.
1. Check your email inbox for the invite.
2. After clicking VIEW INVITATION you will be redirected to the platform dashboard. Here, you’ll see a dialog window that provides options to accept or reject the invitation.
3. Once accepted, the member’s dashboard will get and display new shared items.
That’s it! All shared items are now available to the collaboration member (with defined permissions).
If you have any questions or need further assistance please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org